A place to write about my love of nail polish and nail art!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Vacation Haul!- Part 2

Hey Guys! Here is the second part of my post from the polishes and stuff I picked up while on vacation!

I have always loved the glitter in Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. So when I first found out that this same glitter came in a pink base- I was sold! It has taken me a while to actually buy it, but now I finally have Candy Shop in my hands! Another color that has taken me a while to grab is Butter London Slapper! I thought that I may as well buy it too (my picture shows it more as blue but it's really a beautiful teal color). Zoya Reagan is a great pink that leans to the purple side (this picture doesn't to it justice) and I figured I needed to pick this polish up as my cousin Reagan also shares a love for polish : ) The Piggy Polish I bought is called Sunshine on Snowflakes. I have many holo glitter topcoats but this one really stood out to me! 

(From L to R) Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop, Butter London Slapper, Zoya Reagan, Piggy Polish Sunshine on Snowflakes

I decided to grab 2 Essence stamping plates from a sale bin as well as a black stamping polish. I also picked up a yellow Essence polish with some subtle shimmer in it called Wanna be your Sunshine and a plain black polish called Black is Back.

(From L to R) Essence Black Stamping polish, Black is Back, Wanna Be Your Sunshine 

When I saw the Orly Flash Glam FX display at ULTA, I decided to pick up all five polishes! My favorite out of the five is Spazmatic which has a really pretty blue shimmer mixed in with all that blue glitter. I have seen these swatched on many blogs and they look great layered over black as well as other colors. The other Orly polish I picked up is After Party. It reminds me of outer space with the black base and pink/purple and blue shimmer throughout!

(From L to R) Orly Mermaid Tale, Be Brave, Spazmatic, Can't Be Tamed, Sashay My Way, After Party

I bought one of the ombre sets from The New Black called Haze. I love these! I know that I could pick out some purples from my current polish stash, or make my own colors my mixing in some white or black to make an ombre manicure, but this is so much easier! I also like how the darkest purple has a nice shimmer to it. I did wear these while I was on vacation and got many compliments on my nails : )

The New Black Ombre Set- Haze 

Thanks for checking out my the last of my vacation haul! Now that I'm home safe and sound, I should have some time to swatch these sweet new polishes!

- Caitie Q 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your new polishes. I can't wait to see some photos of your nails with some of the new colors! Keep those posts coming I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ! I'm working on some swatches now : ) I'm happy you're enjoying my blog so far!

      Delete